Dresden City Museum

Only a few meters away from the Dresden Frauenkirche one finds the Dresden City Museum in the historic Landhaus.

The building, which was erected between 1770 and 1775 according to plans drawn up by court master builder Friedrich August Krubsacius (1718–1790), counts as one of Dresden’s architectural sights due to its complete synthesis of styles ranging from classicism to late baroque and rococo in addition to its singular staircases and representative ballroom. The permanent exhibition on Dresden’s 800-year-old history presents over 1,000 pieces in four halls. More than 20 media stations and many educational attractions provide various opportunities to engage with the history of Dresden.

Contact

Stadtmuseum Dresden
Wilsdruffer Strasse 2
01067 Dresden
Germany

Director: Dr. Erika Eschebach
Secretary: Ines Grimme

Phone: +49 (0) 351.488 73 01
Fax: +49 (0) 351.488 73 03
eMail: sekretariat@museen-dresden.de

Opening hours / entrance fees

Tue to Sun: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Fri: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Mon: closed

24./25.12. and 31.12. closed
1.1. 2 p.m. opened

handicapped accessible

5 Euro / reduced 4 Euro

Directions

Tram lines 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 12
(Stop „Pirnaischer Platz“)

Bus lines 62 and 75
Bus lines 261, 305, 326, 328, 333, 360, 424
(Stop „Pirnaischer Platz“)