Schiller Pavilion

On the invitation of Christian Gottfried Körners, Friedrich Schiller journeyed to Dresden in 1785.

He enjoyed the harmonious atmosphere of the Körner vineyard residence. He often retreated to the small garden cottage, where he worked on the manuscript „Don Carlos“ and finished the ode „An die Freude.“ The Schillerhäuschen in Dresden-Loschwitz, which was furnished in the second half of the 19th century, commemorates this sojourn by Friedrich Schiller. The special location as well as an exhibition on Schiller’s Dresden friends, works, and admirers makes this, the smallest museum in Dresden’s Museum country, a special attraction.

Contact

Schillerhäuschen
Schillerstrasse 19
01326 Dresden
Germany

Phone: +49 (0) 351.488 73 72
Fax: +49 (0) 351.488 73 03
eMail: sekretariat@museen-dresden.de

Opening hours / entrance fees

Sat and Sun: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.

(easter - september)

Entrance is free

Directions

Bus lines 61, 63
Bus lines 84/309
(Stop „Körnerplatz“)